Friday 18 September 2015

Summer Adventures!!




 Summer Adventures


I have been away for quite a long time from the blogging scene, at the start it was because of college but then I left the country..


Yep, this June I made one of the biggest decisions of my life so far, I left my family home in rural Hampshire to fly over 3000 miles away too the Greek Island of Rhodes. Before I left I was really debating to go or not because it was such a massive risk, I mean I know if I didn't enjoy it I could have flown home but the daunting fact of leaving the comfort of my family home and having to stand up on my own 2 feet as an adult for the first time. After my wonderful boyfriend persuading me to follow my heart.. I booked my one way ticket.
It sounds bad but saying goodbye to my family was probably the easiest part, I was more excited about what was set ahead for me when I arrived. 


I got to my new work place and one of the boys I was living with carried my suitcase up the stairs for me, discovering the "wonderfully clean" apartment I was supposed to be living in.. I was mortified, it was dreadfully dirty and I started freaking out about how I had left my home for this, but one of my friends told me not to panic, we could clean the place up and make it our own, 4 hours and a lot of bleach later we finally finished and the room looked half decent, I was rather proud. I met some lovely people on my first night at work and I felt accepted straight away, by everyone.


I went on the best nights out after work with my King Arthur Family and meeting all of the other workers from the resort, a lot of alcohol was consumed and sometimes I really couldn't keep up with the others.


A couple days that really stuck out was where myself and some of my friends rented quad bikes for the day and traveled to Rhodes Town both the new and the old town, this day in particular made me appreciate just how wonderful life is, we brought ice cream and walked around all the little back alley ways, finding so many wonderful little hidden places, the best part was sitting, singing and dancing with the busking children for the most part, distracting a group tour round of fortress of 100 people by our wonderful displays. Me finding every cat that I could along that way.


The next thing that I remember the most was saving a small kitten that got separated from its mother and stuck on our apartment roof, it was about midnight and I saw it run off up the stairs too the roof so I followed the petrified little thing, running into a corner and jumping on the wall with a 50 meter drop too the floor I managed to climb under a sign to reach it, stroking it for about 20 minutes I grabbed it and without it biting me I took it all the way back too its mother with some of my other work colleagues feeding them they ended up loving people.


I had a day I was at a loose end and one of my very good Italian friends took me too Anthony Quinn Bay, this is a little bay that is a 10 minute drive from our apartment I'd never been too before yet i'd been telling people to go too. Sunning myself for the whole afternoon with one of the best conversations I have ever had in my life making me realize that I need too seize the moment what ever it may be.


The night we went too Rhodes town after work one night, getting overly intoxicated and embarrassing myself, a lot. I'm not doing in to a lot of detail on this one but it involved a  lot of vomit and piss. But I really suffered the next day, falling asleep at the bar with my head on a glass of water and a photo going straight on facebook. the heat did not help at all!


Finally, laying on the beach at night watching the stars and talking about the future.. made me realize how lucky I am, too be surrounded by such amazing people, and be living the life I am!


Honestly, if anyone is thinking about going away on your own but you are worried, do it! It helps you grow up a lot and gives you the chances of a lifetime.


This is too everyone I met over the summer, you are all amazing in your own special ways. I adore you.x






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful read, was lovely to meet you Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I love that you included the night at Colorado. Haha. Miss you and I had so much fun going out with you 😚

    ReplyDelete